Zappos Mission Statement. Zappos is an online shoe and clothing retailer known for its exceptional customer service and company culture. The company has a clear mission and vision guides its operations and decision-making processes. In this blog post, we will conduct a Zappos mission and vision analysis to understand better what drives the company’s success.
Firstly, we will explore Zappos’s mission statement: “Provide the best customer service possible.” This statement reflects the company’s commitment to putting the customer first and providing them with exceptional service. Zappos understands that customer loyalty is critical to its success and strives to create a positive customer experience at every touchpoint.
Secondly, we will analyze Zappos’s vision statement to “deliver happiness to customers, employees, and vendors.” This statement highlights the company’s focus on creating a positive and fulfilling experience for all stakeholders. Zappos aims to develop a culture of happiness and positivity beyond just its customers and employees.
Zappos’s mission and vision statements demonstrate the company’s dedication to providing exceptional customer service and creating a positive culture for all stakeholders. By conducting this analysis, we can better understand what drives Zappos’s success and how they continue to innovate and stay ahead of the competition in the online retail industry.
Zappos Mission Statement, Zappos Mission & Vision Analysis, zappos.com mission statement, zappos mission statement, zappos vision statement, zappos mission and vision statement, zappos mission
Zappos’ mission statement is to “provide the best customer service possible. Deliver WOW through service.” In this statement, Zappos emphasizes the importance of the company’s service level to its overall brand. The target is to deliver nothing short of quality at all times. Some of the factors related to this mission statement include: See also: UPS Mission Statement 2023 | UPS Mission & Vision Analysis
- It is improving communities. Zappos is indeed a distinguished company in terms of the products it showcases in the market. However, this is just one of the many services the company has in store for its clients. It has much more. With Zappos for Good, Zappos extends its services to incorporate other sustainable options where the company reaches out to society. In this way, the company keeps the WOW that comes with the fineness of its product alive through other community support services.
- It is improving lives. Zappos recognizes many dimensions of how to impact people positively, and one of these is giving them aesthetic appeal. Zappos is out to provide its customers with anything they would wish for regarding shoes and clothing. At Zappos, there is undoubtedly nothing the customer would need in this line of business. To ice the cake, Zappos has a broad statement that the company only deals with ‘the best’ in the market, and in this way, it enjoys the reputation of giving its customers the best looks out there.
Zappos Mission Statement
Zappos’ mission and vision statements describe everything the customer would want from any company. The focus on the experience the firm can let its clients enjoy has made Zappos a preferred choice for shoes and clothing. It is no wonder the company has grown into a global brand in just 20 years, something many other entities have yet to do in several decades.
That shows how strategically positioned Zappos is with its current mission and vision statements, which exploit the most critical needs of the customers: quality and experience. Conceptually, a vision statement shows the road map for a company’s desired future. The vision statement works hand in hand with the mission statement.
The latter is a description of the actions that a company would implement to achieve its vision. For Zappos, the vision statement’s key phrase, ‘delivering happiness, is its primary goal.
Therefore, it directs all its efforts and resources to ensure that anything it does reflects this term. Zappos’ mission statement concentrates on the level of service that its customers get. A common element of the two corporate reports is prioritizing the customers’ needs at all levels. Such emphasis also agrees with the direction and core values this company provides.
They all look to influence the company’s practices towards maximum quality in both the firm’s services and products. Together, the core values and the mission and vision statements drive Zappos to the reputation it enjoys.
Zappos’ vision statement is “delivering happiness to customers, employees, and vendors.” Giving the clients memorable experiences is everything Zappos wants, as loudly expressed in this statement. The following characteristics emerge from this vision statement:
- They are delivering happiness. The brand created by Zappos is about satisfying the needs of everyone the company interacts with. It does this through the vigilance that goes into the designs themselves. Clients can only be content when the products they purchase are not only of excellent quality but also comfortable beyond their expectations. Zappos has demonstrated its mastery in this area, for instance, with the new and trendy athleisure people can’t help but talk about. Such praise related to Zappos products is commonplace, agreeing with the concept of happiness in the company’s vision statement.
- There are a variety of options. Let’s face it: the only company that can assert that it can deliver happiness, as Zappos claims in its first characteristic in its vision statement, must gift its customers with various options. Zappos recognizes this element, which is why the company is one of the few companies customers can never get enough of. It has many products falling into different categories, from wedding, running, and luxury to eyewear and clothing. Frankly, the list is exhaustive, and this is a significant boost for the company’s satisfaction with everyone.
Zappos core values include “deliver wow through service, embrace and drive change, create fun and a little weirdness, be adventurous, creative, and open-minded, pursue growth and learning, build open and honest relationships with communication, build a positive team and family spirit, do more with less, be passionate and determined, and be humble.” A look at the practices within Zappos Corporation reveals a company that does not take anything for granted, especially the experiences of its employees and how these relate to the customers either directly or through the products.
Zappos is best known for stating that if its services are beyond normal, there is no chance for its people to be ordinary. The number one priority for this company is cultivating a culture that gives rise to top-quality products and services.
Zappos’ commitment to supporting and promoting creativity and personal growth is unmatched. For instance, the company commends calculated design risks, which birth unique products. By doing so, Zappos allows everyone to enjoy and draw fun from creativity while growing the company.
In such an environment, workers can seamlessly interact and share ideas and clients’ feedback, creating a learning cycle within the company. In such an environment, people remain highly motivated and passionate about making a difference. Zappos’ selection of these core values created a celebrated way of life where everyone feels appreciated and capable of getting the best they wish from the workers, management, partners, and clients.
Zappos’ slogan is Powered by Service.
- Burke, J. R. (2016). Zappos Company Profile
- Cowley, E. J. (2013) Servant Leadership at Zappos.com, Inc. (Doctoral Dissertation, University of La Verne)
- Frei, F. X., Ely, R. J., & Winig, L. (2009). Zappos.com 2009: Clothing, Customer Service, and Company Culture HBS Case (610-015)
- Kopelman, R. E., Chiou, A. Y., Lipani, L. J., & Zhu, Z. (2012). Interpreting the success of Zappos.com, Four Seasons, and Nordstrom: Customer centricity is but one-third of the job. Global Business and Organizational Excellence, 31(5), 20–35.
- Nunamaker Jr., J. F., & Briggs, R. O. (2011) Towards a broader vision for information systems, ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems (TMIS), 2(4), 20
- Pelletier, R. A., & Mujtaba, B. (2015). Maximizing employee happiness and well-being: An examination of value creation and competitive advantage at Zappos Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, 2(4), 220
- Perschel, A. (2010). Work-life flow: how individuals, Zappos, and other innovative companies achieve high engagement Global Business and Organizational Excellence, 29(5), 17–30.
- Rosenbaum, S. (2010) The Happiness Culture: Zappos Isn’t a Company—It’s a Mission-Fast Company
- Runo, M. S., Berger, G. D., & Ouk, S. (2012). U.S. Patent No. 8,332,284. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Warrick, D. D., Milliman, J. F., & Ferguson, J. M. (2016). Lessons learned from Zappos on what it takes to build high-performance cultures of organ dysfunction
- Weitzman, S. (2006), U.S. Patent Application No. 29/218,545.
- WRITER, H. Mission, Vision, and Value Statement of Zappos.com
- Zappos: About