The viral moon phase soulmate trend on TikTokers involves matching your birth moon phase with your partner’s or a friend’s to see how well they match. Test it yourself here.
There are constantly new trends going viral on TikTok, including popular sounds that sweep the app and quizzes that have thousands of people wanting to take them and share their results with their followers.
One trend that is seeing a resurgence on the platform is the ‘moon phase soulmate’ trend. As the name suggests, it involves users layering an image of the moon phase from the day they were born with the moon phase from when their partner was born.
According to the fad, the better your moon phases fit together, the more likely it is that you are ‘soulmates.’
If you want to try it out for yourself, here’s everything you need to know.
How to do the moon phase soulmate TikTok trend
To do the moon phase soulmate TikTok trend, just follow these steps:
- Go to a website that shows the phases of the moon.
- Enter your birthday and tap the corresponding date on the calendar.
- Screenshot the moon phase above and crop it to your liking.
- Repeat the process, but this time enter your partner’s information.
- Save the image of your moon phase and your partner’s moon phase to your phone.
- Pull up a video of the moon phase trend on TikTok and select “use template”.
- Navigate to “birthday moon” in the main menu.
- Put in your birthday along with your partner’s birthday.
- Screen record the video, clean up the recording, and post it to TikTok.
The trend is garnering thousands of views and likes on TikTok as more people participate in it.