Employee Payroll Calendar 2023. The City College of San Francisco (CCSF) Payroll Calendar for 2023 has been released, providing important information for employees. The calendar includes the dates of paydays, holidays, and other important events throughout the year. The Payroll Services department at CCSF ensures compliance with laws and regulations while providing accurate and timely payroll schedules and calendars for all departments.
Employees can access the intranet payroll site for payroll forms, RAM pay, and administrator forms. The calendar includes the dates for January, February, March, and April months, as well as the holidays and observances. The holidays include New Year’s Day, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, and Labor Day.
The CCSF ePayroll system allows employees to view their pay in a whole new way. The system provides secure online access to view and print pay stubs, W-2s, and other payroll information. In addition, employees can update their personal information, view their leave balances, and submit time sheets online. Overall, the CCSF Payroll Calendar for 2023 provides essential information for employees to plan their finances and schedules for the year ahead. Checkout: Government Payroll Calendar 2023: Key Dates and Deadlines
Understanding the CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023
The CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023 is a schedule of pay periods and pay dates for employees of the City and County of San Francisco. It is published by the Office of the Controller and is available on their website. The calendar is designed to help employees plan their finances and know when to expect their paychecks.
The calendar is divided into 24 pay periods, each of which lasts for two weeks. The first pay period of 2023 starts on January 1 and ends on January 14, while the last pay period starts on December 17 and ends on December 30. The calendar also includes the dates of legal holidays and the corresponding pay periods.
Employees are paid on a bi-weekly basis, with paychecks issued every other Wednesday. The pay period ends on the Saturday before the payday. For example, the pay period ending on January 14 has a payday of January 25, while the pay period ending on December 30 has a payday of January 10, 2024.
It is important for employees to understand the CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023 so they can plan their finances accordingly. They should also be aware of the deadlines for submitting timesheets and other payroll-related documents. The calendar includes the deadlines for submitting timesheets, as well as the dates for processing and distributing paychecks.
Overall, the CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023 is a valuable resource for employees of the City and County of San Francisco. It provides a clear and concise schedule of pay periods and pay dates, as well as important deadlines for submitting payroll-related documents. By understanding the calendar, employees can better manage their finances and avoid any unnecessary stress or confusion.
Key Dates and Deadlines
CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023 provides the dates and deadlines for payroll processing and payment. The calendar includes the pay period start and end dates, payday, and observed holidays. The payroll schedule is based on a biweekly pay cycle, which means employees receive their paychecks every two weeks.
Here are the key dates and deadlines for CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023:
- Pay Period Start Date: The pay period start date is the first day of the two-week period. In 2023, the first pay period starts on January 1st, 2023 (Saturday).
- Pay Period End Date: The pay period end date is the last day of the two-week period. In 2023, the last pay period ends on December 29th, 2023 (Friday).
- Payday: The payday is the day when employees receive their paychecks. In 2023, the payday falls on the following Fridays: January 13th, January 27th, February 10th, February 24th, March 10th, March 24th, April 7th, April 21st, May 5th, May 19th, June 2nd, June 16th, June 30th, July 14th, July 28th, August 11th, August 25th, September 8th, September 22nd, October 6th, October 20th, November 3rd, November 17th, December 1st, December 15th, and December 29th.
- Observed Holidays: The observed holidays are the days when the City and County of San Francisco offices are closed. In 2023, the observed holidays include New Year’s Day (January 2nd), Martin Luther King Jr. Day (January 16th), Presidents’ Day (February 20th), Memorial Day (May 29th), Independence Day (July 4th), Labor Day (September 4th), Veterans Day (November 10th), Thanksgiving Day (November 23rd), and Christmas Day (December 25th).
It is important for employees to keep track of the key dates and deadlines to ensure timely processing and payment of their paychecks. The payroll department provides resources and support to assist employees with any questions or concerns regarding their payroll.
Payroll Processing Procedures
The City and County of San Francisco Payroll Division processes payroll for all CCSF employees. The payroll processing procedures are designed to ensure that all employees are paid accurately and on time. The following are the steps involved in the payroll processing procedures:
- Timekeeping: All employees are required to accurately record their hours worked, leave taken, and any other relevant information in the City’s electronic timekeeping system. Supervisors are responsible for reviewing and approving employee timecards in a timely manner.
- Payroll Processing: Once timecards are approved, the Payroll Division calculates gross pay, taxes, and deductions based on the employee’s pay rate, hours worked, and other relevant factors. The Payroll Division also ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Direct Deposit: All CCSF employees are required to enroll in direct deposit. Paychecks are deposited into the employee’s designated bank account on payday.
- Payday: CCSF employees are paid bi-weekly on Fridays. The Payroll Division publishes a payroll calendar for each fiscal year, which includes the pay period end dates and payday dates.
- Payroll Reports: The Payroll Division generates payroll reports for each department, which include employee earnings, taxes, and deductions. These reports are used for budgeting and accounting purposes.
It is important for CCSF employees to accurately record their time worked and leave taken in the electronic timekeeping system. Supervisors should review and approve timecards in a timely manner to ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time. The Payroll Division is committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Special Payroll Events in 2023
CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023 includes several special payroll events that employees should be aware of. These events include holidays, pay periods, and other important dates that may affect their paychecks. Here are some of the special payroll events that will occur in 2023:
CCSF observes several holidays throughout the year, and these holidays may affect paychecks. When a holiday falls on a weekday, employees will not receive their paychecks until the next business day. The following are the observed holidays for 2023:
- New Year’s Day: January 2 (observed)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: January 16
- Presidents’ Day: February 20
- Memorial Day: May 29
- Independence Day: July 4
- Labor Day: September 4
- Veterans Day: November 10 (observed)
- Thanksgiving Day: November 23
- Christmas Day: December 25
CCSF employees are paid on a bi-weekly basis, and there are 26 pay periods in 2023. The pay periods for 2023 are as follows:
- Pay Period 1: January 1 – January 14
- Pay Period 2: January 15 – January 28
- Pay Period 3: January 29 – February 11
- Pay Period 4: February 12 – February 25
- Pay Period 5: February 26 – March 11
- Pay Period 6: March 12 – March 25
- Pay Period 7: March 26 – April 8
- Pay Period 8: April 9 – April 22
- Pay Period 9: April 23 – May 6
- Pay Period 10: May 7 – May 20
- Pay Period 11: May 21 – June 3
- Pay Period 12: June 4 – June 17
- Pay Period 13: June 18 – July 1
- Pay Period 14: July 2 – July 15
- Pay Period 15: July 16 – July 29
- Pay Period 16: July 30 – August 12
- Pay Period 17: August 13 – August 26
- Pay Period 18: August 27 – September 9
- Pay Period 19: September 10 – September 23
- Pay Period 20: September 24 – October 7
- Pay Period 21: October 8 – October 21
- Pay Period 22: October 22 – November 4
- Pay Period 23: November 5 – November 18
- Pay Period 24: November 19 – December 2
- Pay Period 25: December 3 – December 16
- Pay Period 26: December 17 – December 30
Other Important Dates
In addition to holidays and pay periods, there are other important dates to keep in mind in 2023. These dates include:
- W-2 forms will be mailed out by January 31, 2024
- The last day to make changes to 403(b) or 457(b) contributions for the 2023 tax year is December 31, 2023
- The last day to submit a flexible spending account claim for the 2023 plan year is March 31, 2024
Employees should mark these dates on their calendars to ensure they do not miss any important deadlines or events.
Employee Payroll Categories
The CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023 includes various payroll categories for its employees. These categories determine the type of pay an employee will receive based on their job classification, work schedule, and other factors. Here are the different payroll categories:
Regular pay is the standard pay rate for employees who work a regular schedule. This category includes employees who work full-time, part-time, or temporary positions. Regular pay is calculated based on the employee’s hourly rate or salary and the number of hours worked during the pay period.
Overtime pay is additional pay for employees who work more than 40 hours per week. This category includes employees who are eligible for overtime pay under federal and state laws. Overtime pay is calculated based on the employee’s regular pay rate multiplied by 1.5 for each hour worked over 40 hours per week.
Premium pay is additional pay for employees who work outside of their regular schedule or perform certain tasks that require additional compensation. This category includes employees who work on weekends, holidays, or night shifts. Premium pay is calculated based on the employee’s regular pay rate plus an additional percentage.
Supplemental pay is additional pay for employees who receive bonuses, commissions, or other types of incentives. This category includes employees who receive performance bonuses, sales commissions, or other types of non-regular pay. Supplemental pay is calculated based on the specific terms of the bonus or commission.
Other pay is a catch-all category for any other type of pay that does not fit into the other categories. This category includes employees who receive stipends, allowances, or other types of payments. Other pay is calculated based on the specific terms of the payment.
Overall, the CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023 includes a variety of payroll categories to ensure that employees are paid accurately and fairly based on their job duties and work schedules.
Payroll Discrepancies and Resolution
In the event of a payroll discrepancy, City College of San Francisco (CCSF) employees are advised to contact the Payroll Services department as soon as possible. The department is responsible for ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time. They will investigate the discrepancy and work to resolve the issue in a timely and efficient manner.
There are several reasons why a payroll discrepancy may occur, including incorrect hours worked, incorrect pay rate, or incorrect deductions. Employees should review their pay stubs regularly to ensure that all information is accurate. If an error is found, it should be reported to the Payroll Services department immediately.
If an employee believes that they have not been paid correctly, they should contact the Payroll Services department to file a complaint. The department will investigate the complaint and work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. In some cases, the department may need to work with other departments, such as Human Resources or Accounting, to resolve the issue.
Once the Payroll Services department has investigated the discrepancy, they will provide the employee with a resolution. If the resolution is not satisfactory, the employee may file a formal complaint with the appropriate department. It is important to note that complaints must be filed within a certain time frame to be considered valid.
Overall, CCSF employees can be confident that the Payroll Services department is dedicated to ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time. In the event of a payroll discrepancy, employees should contact the department immediately to ensure that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible.
Accessing and Reading Your Payroll Statement
To access your payroll statement, you can use the ePayroll system provided by the Office of the Controller. This system allows City and County of San Francisco employees to view and download their pay statements online. The statements are available on the SF Employee Portal, which can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection.
To access your pay statement via ePayroll, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the SF Employee Portal login page.
- Enter your Employee ID and Password.
- Once you are logged in, click on the ePayroll icon.
- Select the pay period you want to view from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “View Pay Statement” button to open the statement in a new window.
- You can then print or download the statement as a PDF file.
It is important to note that CCSF pay statements will only be available via the SF Employee Portal beginning September 17th. If you have any issues accessing your pay statement, you can contact the Payroll Division for assistance.
When reading your pay statement, there are a few important things to keep in mind. The statement will include information such as your gross pay, deductions, and net pay. It will also show your year-to-date totals for each category.
You should review your pay statement carefully to ensure that all of the information is accurate. If you notice any discrepancies, you should contact the Payroll Division immediately to have them corrected.
Overall, accessing and reading your payroll statement is a straightforward process that can be completed online via the ePayroll system. By reviewing your statement carefully, you can ensure that you are being paid accurately and on time.
Impact of Holidays on Payroll
The CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023 includes a list of observed holidays that affect the payroll schedule. On holidays, payroll processing may be delayed, and employees may receive different pay rates depending on their work schedule. Here are some important points to consider regarding the impact of holidays on payroll:
- Observed Holidays: The CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023 lists the observed holidays for the year, which includes both federal and local holidays. On these holidays, the payroll processing may be delayed, and employees may receive different pay rates depending on their work schedule.
- Holiday Pay: CCSF employees who work on an observed holiday are eligible for holiday pay. The amount of holiday pay depends on the employee’s work schedule and the number of hours worked on the holiday. The CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023 provides information about holiday pay rates and how they are calculated.
- Payroll Processing: On observed holidays, the payroll processing may be delayed, and employees may receive their paychecks later than usual. The CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023 provides information about the payroll processing schedule and when employees can expect to receive their paychecks.
- Time Reporting: CCSF employees are required to report their time accurately and on time, including on observed holidays. The CCSF Payroll Calendar 2023 provides information about the time reporting requirements and deadlines.
It is important for CCSF employees to be aware of the impact of observed holidays on their payroll to ensure they receive accurate and timely pay. The CCSF Payroll Division provides resources and support to help employees understand their payroll and time reporting responsibilities.
Contact Information for Payroll Queries
If you have any queries related to payroll, you can contact the Controller’s Office of San Francisco. The Controller’s Office is responsible for managing the payroll of City and County of San Francisco employees. They provide various services related to payroll, such as paycheck distribution, direct deposit, and tax withholding.
The Controller’s Office can be contacted at City Hall, 1 Dr Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 316, San Francisco, CA 94102. You can also call them at (415) 554-7500 or email them at [email protected]. They are available from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
If you have any questions about your pay, you can also refer to the CCSF ePayroll website. The ePayroll website provides access to your pay stubs, W-2 forms, and other important payroll information. You can log in to the ePayroll website using your employee ID and password. If you have any trouble logging in or accessing your information, you can contact the CCSF ePayroll team at [email protected].
In addition to these resources, you can also refer to the CCSF Payroll Services website. The Payroll Services website provides information about payroll schedules, forms, and other related resources. You can access the Payroll Services website by logging in to the CCSF Intranet and navigating to the Payroll Services page.
Overall, if you have any questions or concerns about your payroll, there are various resources available to help you. Whether you need to contact the Controller’s Office, access your pay stubs on the ePayroll website, or find information on the Payroll Services website, you can get the help you need to manage your payroll effectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the CCSF Payroll Calendar for 2023?
The CCSF Payroll Calendar for 2023 is a schedule that outlines the pay periods and payday dates for CCSF employees for the year 2023.
How many pay periods are there in 2023 for CCSF employees?
There are 26 pay periods in 2023 for CCSF employees.
When are the paydays for CCSF employees in 2023?
The paydays for CCSF employees in 2023 are every other Wednesday.
What is the biweekly pay schedule for CCSF employees in 2023?
The biweekly pay schedule for CCSF employees in 2023 is as follows:
- Pay period 1: January 1 – January 14, 2023
- Pay period 2: January 15 – January 28, 2023
- Pay period 3: January 29 – February 11, 2023
- Pay period 4: February 12 – February 25, 2023
- Pay period 5: February 26 – March 11, 2023
- Pay period 6: March 12 – March 25, 2023
- Pay period 7: March 26 – April 8, 2023
- Pay period 8: April 9 – April 22, 2023
- Pay period 9: April 23 – May 6, 2023
- Pay period 10: May 7 – May 20, 2023
- Pay period 11: May 21 – June 3, 2023
- Pay period 12: June 4 – June 17, 2023
- Pay period 13: June 18 – July 1, 2023
- Pay period 14: July 2 – July 15, 2023
- Pay period 15: July 16 – July 29, 2023
- Pay period 16: July 30 – August 12, 2023
- Pay period 17: August 13 – August 26, 2023
- Pay period 18: August 27 – September 9, 2023
- Pay period 19: September 10 – September 23, 2023
- Pay period 20: September 24 – October 7, 2023
- Pay period 21: October 8 – October 21, 2023
- Pay period 22: October 22 – November 4, 2023
- Pay period 23: November 5 – November 18, 2023
- Pay period 24: November 19 – December 2, 2023
- Pay period 25: December 3 – December 16, 2023
- Pay period 26: December 17 – December 31, 2023
Where can I find the CCSF Payroll Calendar for 2023?
The CCSF Payroll Calendar for 2023 can be found on the official website of the City and County of San Francisco’s Office of the Controller. The link to the PDF document is https://sf.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/CAL2023.pdf.
Is the CCSF Payroll Calendar for 2023 available on the employee portal?
It is unclear whether the CCSF Payroll Calendar for 2023 is available on the employee portal. Employees are advised to check the portal or contact their payroll administrator for more information.