Drivers Opportunities Position Title: Drivers (multiple positions)
Reports to: Fleet Supervisor (for Dar-based drivers); Admin Assistant (for Mwanza-based drivers) Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Mwanza and Dar es Salaam
Travel: Up to 40% (for Dar-based) and 80% (for Mwanza-based) in
intervention districts outside of the job location
Overall Job Function:
Drivers Opportunities (multiple positions) at ICAP July, 2023 The Driver is responsible for driving programme staff and visitors with utmost safety and security and in adherence to ICAP SOPs, policies, and road rules. The Driver is responsible for ensuring the car is clean, serviced, and fueled without gaps.
Drivers Opportunities Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drive ICAP programme vehicles as directed and provide safe and efficient transportation to the staff and its visitors.
- Deliver parcels, letters, and other relevant items to offices and businesses as appropriate.
- Drive long distances with or without ICAP staff when required and adhere to the road rules, regulations, and ICAP policies.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always clean and in good order and that all the documentation (e.g., insurance and road licence) is up-to-date.
- Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance, including checking oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windscreen wipers, water levels, and tyre pressures.
- Keep track of the maintenance records of vehicles to ensure that the service schedule is adhered to and to remind the supervisor and fleet team in advance when vehicle service is due.
- Provide general assistance to the organization’s staff and its visitors.
- Maintain a record of work performed and fuel consumption reports; fill out all necessary forms; report and submit timely reports of accidents, incidents, and unusual occurrences.
- Ensure necessary steps are taken as required by rules and regulations in the event of involvement in an accident.
- Abide by all ICAP rules and regulations.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification, knowledge, and Skills:
- Required Education: Form Four (IV) graduate or higher education
- Required Certification: You must have a valid and current driving licence for category B or D.
Preferred: A PSV Certificate from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) is an added advantage.
- Required Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience with a large organisation or company successfully driving 4WD manual vehicles in both towns and up-country regions with a clean driving record
- Basic knowledge of automobiles and the ability to make minor repairs and perform preventive maintenance
- proficient in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Able to travel for significant periods of time to remote areas, the highest level of integrity is required.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team and interact well with all beneficiaries, health care workers, and volunteers by facilitating a nonjudgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatising environment in the programme and welcoming all clients regardless of their background.
Applications close on August 2, 2023. Africa Standard Time