Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Chuo Cha SUZA | Sifa Za Kujiunga Chuo Kikuu Cha Taifa Cha Zanzibar: The State University of Zanzibar (SUZA-Chuo Kikuu Cha Taifa Cha Zanzibar) was established by Act No. 8 of 1999 of the Zanzibar House of Representatives, which was then amended by Act No. 11 of 2009 and further re-amended by Act No. 7 of 2016. The latter amendment has justified SUZA to merge with other Zanzibar higher learning institutions; these are the Zanzibar Institute of Financial Administration (ZIFA), the College of Health Sciences (CHS), and the Zanzibar Institute of Tourism Development (ZIToD).
Currently, SUZA consists of seven campuses that are found at equally beautiful but different locations within the islands. Six campuses are located in Unguja, and one campus is on Pemba Island. Tunguu is the main SUZA campus, located about 12 km away from Zanzibar town. If you have been looking forward to applying for Suza admission, then you should first be aware of the requirements for admission. (Sifa za kujiunga na chuo cha SUZA Chuo Kikuu Cha Taifa Cha Zanzibar)
Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Chuo Cha SUZA Chuo Kikuu Cha Taifa Cha Zanzibar
It is advised to all expected applicants that they read and understand the following Minimum Admission Entry Qualifications:
- Students who have completed A-Level studies before 2014 qualify with two principal passes with a total of 4.0 points from two subjects defining admission into the respective program (where A = 5, B = 4, C = 3, D = 2, and E = 1). This criterion also applies to all students who completed A-Level studies from 2016 to date.
- Students who have completed A-Level studies in 2014 and 2015 qualify with two principal passes (two Cs) with a total of 4.0 points from two subjects defining admission into the respective program (where A = 5; B+ = 4; B = 3; C = 2; D = 1).
- Students who are recognized for prior learning qualifications qualify with a B+ grade, where A = 75–100, B+ = 65–74, B = 50–64, C = 40–49, and D = 35–39.
- Students who apply for equivalent qualifications should have at least four O-Level passes (Ds and above) or NVA Level III with less than four O’-Level passes or equivalent foreign qualifications as established by either NECTA or VETA AND
- At least a GPA of 3.0 for Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 6)
- Average of C for Full Technician Certificate (FTC), where A = 5, B = 4, C = 3, and D = 2 points
- Average of ‘B’ Grade for Diploma in Teacher Education OR iv. Average of ‘B’ Grade for health-related awards such as clinical medicine and others.
- a distinction between unclassified diplomas and certificates. OR vi. Upper Second Class for classified non-NTA diplomas.
For more detailed information, please read the pdf document below.