Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) maintains and develops Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania’s Mainland. It is also responsible for conducting Axle Load Control Operations using weighbridges scales.
The Regional Manager TANROADS Mara, on behalf of the Chief Executive TANROADS, is looking for suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill vacant positions available for Accounts Assistants, Weighbridge Operators, Weighbridge Officers, Office Assistants and Drivers as follows; See Also: Jobs Opportunities at Coca-Cola Kwanza August 1, 2023
JOB TITLE: DRIVER II (7 POSTS) | TANROADS Mara
Scope of Position:
The successful candidate should be ready to work for considerable lengths when required under minimum supervision.
Holders of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination with Basic Driving Course offered by VETA or any other recognised institution and driving licence Grade C or E with a good track record in driving for not less than one (1) year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To drive Agency’s motor vehicles;
- To maintain the vehicle logbook;
- To undertake motor vehicle services;
- To keep the safety and cleanliness of the motor vehicle;
- To deliver and collect mail and goods; and
- To perform such other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- All applicants must be Tanzania Citizens.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, i.e. postal address, e-mails and telephone numbers.
- Age: Not above 45
- Apart from the professional qualifications requirements outlined in the position, candidates who assume the parts must be trustworthy, responsible, reliable, accountable and highly respected.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates.
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and result slips will not be accepted.
- Applicants should indicate three referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be certified by TCU, NACTE, or NECTA.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- The deadline for submission of the application is August 14, 2023.
- Application letters should be written in English.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Appointment will be on Contract Terms; renewable subject to satisfactory performance;
- The salaries for the post will be according to TANROADS Scales.
Means of Applications
Please send your handwritten application letter, academic and birth certificates, and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the address below. Your application must be submitted by August 14, 2023. Only successful candidates will be notified and invited for an Interview.
THE REGIONAL MANAGER TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS),
P.O. BOX 81,
TANROADS is an Executive Agency of the Ministry of Works and Transport, established under the Executive Agencies Act, 1997